4 Mistakes Smart People Make When Hiring a Virtual Assistant
“Hiring people is like making friends. Pick good ones, and they’ll enrich your life. Make bad choices, and they’ll bring you down,”
1. Know where to start.
Not only has Chris Ducker built a successful online brand in Youpreneur, he’s one of the early pioneers of the virtual workforce movement. He’s built several online teams for his own business, and helped hundreds of others do the same.
“To save yourself time and money, create your three lists of freedom: Things you hate doing every day, things you can’t do yourself and things you shouldn’t be doing. This creates a blueprint of what your virtual team should work on, and allows you to effectively manage it.”
A common issue Ducker has found is that people struggle with when hiring a virtual assistant is where to begin. These three lists help you hone in on what your team should work on, saving you both time and money.
2. Insist on a daily update.
Communication is important for all entrepreneurs, but when you work with people across the globe, it’s even more so. You need to know what your team is doing, but not to the point where you micromanage them. A daily update proves valuable to both you and them.
3. Don’t forget that you need a backup plan.
As with most areas of business, it’s important to have a Plan B and even C. Create solid back up plans for if the worst case scenario were to happen. Virtual assistants come and go, and your direction as a business may change. But, the one constant is you, so the processes, back-up plans and alternatives you create today make all the difference tomorrow.
4. Don’t give a VA access to every part of your business.
Make sure you understand what you’ll give your virtual assistant access to and what you should give them access to.
Your role as an entrepreneur is to grow your business, and this involves you building a team
- Just posted a photo https://t.co/Sm9WjQ74ju5 days ago
- https://t.co/Td2vb0HYx7 Sample Payment receipt For customers **************** #ecommerce… https://t.co/BmHLZAHjqe7 days ago
- https://t.co/7q5wCAkwaG #Hotel #School #Fitness #Health #NoPressure #Restaurant https://t.co/NFL02x7leN9 days ago
- #DovePOS Free trial Available. - Visit https://t.co/LfSDL2qP5y For Details **** Call or WhatsApp… https://t.co/5hmie4mhh89 days ago
Unable to communicate with Instagram.